Bad Backs Store
- NEW Products 2014!
- Made In Australia
- Braces, Belts & Supports
- Exercise & Inversion Tables
- Foot Care
- Home Health Care
- Hospitality Furniture
- Hot & Cold Packs
- Kids Furniture
- Lumbar Back Supports & Pillows
- Magnetic Therapy
- Office Equipment
- Office Furniture - Chairs
- Office Furniture - Desks
- Pain Relief Gels & Creams
- Workplace Chairs
- Workplace Safety Products
- Zero Gravity® Recliners
- Shop By Brand
- Bad Backs®
- Dr Bakst®
- Due North® by Surefoot®
- Herman Miller®
- Human Touch®
- Inada® Massage Chairs
- Infiniti Treadmills
- KAB® Seating
- Rohde Grahl®
- Switch Sticks®
- CLEARANCE SALE
The Medical Library
The latest in back and joint pain medical news (traditional and alternative) from scientists and medical professionals throughout the world.
Simple descriptions of popular topics listed below:
Get up and move throughout your day with SitRight
22 May 2013
Source: Katherine MacPherson
More than 2 million Australians experience back problems every year, according to the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare.
And a broad range of allied health professionals will point their finger at sitting as one of the biggest causes of back pain.
Sitting too long can:
- Increase the stress on the discs between your vertebrae;
- Cause the natural curve in your back to deteriorate;
- Reduce the function and stability of your spine;
- Lead to inflammation, pain and possible early degeneration of your spine.
There are small changes you can make to your daily sitting (and moving) routine, which will improve your spinal fitness – at home, at work and in transit.
Some general tips for work are:
- Try standing when you’re on the phone for extended periods;
- During meetings take regular stretch breaks;
- While you’re working at your computer take short breaks to stretch and stand;
- Check and adjust your position regularly.
For more information and tips, download the Sit Right widget, and keep your spinal health at the top of your daily to do list.
Source: Editor Katherine MacPherson – Soda Marketing.