Bad Backs Store
Just browsing? Click the product title links for detailed product information.
Ready to BUY NOW? Click BUY NOW! to go straight to the Shopping Cart checkout with your item. To easily purchase multiple items, click Add to Bag for each product then click the Shopping Cart (top of screen). You can update items any time.
Varier® Multi balans® Kneeling Chair
Other products that may help
Shopping with Confidence!
We appreciate that you want to shop with confidence online. And so Bad Backs wishes to confirm the importance we place on your privacy, security, our returns policy and customer service support.
Should you choose to shop in-store, visit one of our stores in Melbourne, Sydney or Perth. Click here for our store locations.
We are created to move, not sit still !
This reflects Varier's sitting philosophy.
They have always focused on developing chairs that by letting you move provide well-being. When you move, you feel good. Both physically and mentally. As long as your body has a choice, it will choose movement over inactivity. Also when sitting.
That’s why Varier have made its mission to develop chairs based on the movement philosophy. These unique sitting solutions encourages dynamic and active sitting positions, which in turn provide maximum comfort and well-being while seated.
Designed by leading Norwegian designer Peter Opsvik, the multi™ balans® kneeling chair has a design that encourages you to sit in different ways. It is an all-round chair with many advantages.
It takes up little space, is easy to fold up, easy to carry and can hang on the wall.
Multi™ balans® has an adjustable sitting angle (the distance between thigh and torso). The sitting angle can be regulated from a very open to a close one. When sitting in a position with an open angle, the strain on the back is reduced, as the weight of the body will be put on the thighs.
Sitting positions with a natural open angle between thigh and torso make breathing easier and promotes well-being.The body weight is regulating the sitting positions and the knee pads will prevent the body from sliding forwards.
Multi™ balans® is recommended by physiotherapists for patients who have recently had back operations.
- Adjustable leg cushion.
- Wheels make it easy to move.
- The sitting angle; distance between seat and leg cushion, is adjustable.
- Numerous wood colour choices
- Choose from Fame wool, Dinamica or Elegance semi-analine leather
- Adjustable in height from 42 – 57cm.
- Width is 47cm
Custom Orders for Different Fabrics, Colours & Wood Stains
Varier can supply the Multi balans in a range of fabrics and colours, including:
- Fame Wool Fabric - numerous colours 95% wool, 5% polyamid, flame retardant, abrasion resistant (200,000 Martindale), light fastness 5-7, rub resistant 4-5 (dry) 3 (wet), pilling of 3-4. Dry clean or spot clean with mild detergent only
- Dinamica Classic Microfiber - numerous colour 88% polyester, 12% polyurethane, flame retardant, abrasion resistant (50,000 Martindale), light fastness 5, rub resistant 4-5 (dry or wet), pilling of 5. Spot clean with mild detergent only
- Elegance Semi-Analine Leather - numerous colours 100% semi-analine leather, flame retardant, tear strength 20N, thickness 1.3-1.5mm, light fastness 5, rub resistant 4 (dry or wet). Careful cleaning is required as semi-aline leather has open pores and a natural grain. It is not protected with dye or lacquer. Use a water based maintenance program.
- Wood colours are:
Beech Natural lacquered
Beech Black stained
Beech Mocca stained
Please contact your local BadBacks store or call our toll free number at 1800-615-666 to discuss your specific needs and requirements. We are able to air ship product in if urgent or we can sea freight with expected delivery times of approx 3 months from ordering.
Prices for this product will vary depending on the material and wood options chosen. Call us at 1800-615-666 for a detailed quotation.
They use wood from farmed sources harvested using principles of sustainability. All the beech and oak we use comes from Europe. The walnut comes from North America.
Varier Respect for the environment:
Using environmentally friendly materials and methods is a major priority for Variér®. They also attach importance to ensuring that the production methods are environmentally friendly.
7 years/5 years. Variér® offers an extended 7 years guarantee on all wooden parts and 5 years on mechanical parts. Variér’s guarantee only covers manufacturing defects and does not include misuse, normal wear and tear and defects caused by exposure to sunlight. The guarantee will not apply if the customer fails to tighten screws as recommended and this results in damage to the piece of furniture.