Bad Backs Store
Just browsing? Click the product title links for detailed product information.
Ready to BUY NOW? Click BUY NOW! to go straight to the Shopping Cart checkout with your item. To easily purchase multiple items, click Add to Bag for each product then click the Shopping Cart (top of screen). You can update items any time.
Bad Backs CPAP Sleep Aid Pillow
Other products that may help
Shopping with Confidence!
We appreciate that you want to shop with confidence online. And so Bad Backs wishes to confirm the importance we place on your privacy, security, our returns policy and customer service support.
1/1/2008 - CPAP Sleep Aid pillow identified in Respitory Management magazine as one of "Respitory's Most Influential Products"
The American Sleep Apnea Association identifies CPAP therapy as the most common treatment for sleep apnea. CPAP therapy works by preventing the airway from closing during sleep. It is administered at bedtime through a nasal or facial mask held in place by velcro straps around the patient’s head. The mask is connected by a tube to a small air compressor. The CPAP machine sends air under pressure through the tube and into the mask, where it imparts positive pressure to the upper airways, preventing the tissues in the back of the throat from collapsing during sleep.
This is an extremely effective form of treatment when used in compliance with doctors orders. However, non-compliance is a big issue. It has been estimated that over 65% of patients use the machine for a maximum of just 4 hours per night when it should be used for the duration of the patient’s sleep. Additionally, many patients report using the CPAP for just a few nights out of the week.
Discomfort is a major factor contributing to non-compliance. During side sleeping or stomach sleeping, the mask presses and rubs against the patient’s face, which leads to discomfort and can also distort the mask, causing leaks and exacerbating the problem.
‘ ..My best friend gave me you CPAP pillow to try and it is fantastic. I recommend it to everyone!!! ‘…………….. Peter
‘ ….I have used a CPAP machine for 4 years. The CPAP Pillow gave me my first full night of sleep. I did not wake up once with a leaky mask blowing air in my eyes. My husband was supposed to use the mask but he could not until he used the pillow. It is a great product.’ ………. Debbie
For many CPAP users, traditional pillows can rub against the face, distort the mask, create discomfort and exacerbate the problem of non-use.
"Discomfort while wearing the CPAP Mask is a major factor contributing to noncompliance. The solution...is a special CPAP Pillow.”
- Allows for freedom of movement during sleep
- Can be used by side, back, and stomach sleepers
- Comfortably supports head and neck
- Reduces sleep mask leaks and sleep mask pressure on face
- Accommodates any CPAP mask
- Manages the rubbing while taking the weight of the tubing off the user
- Allows the CPAP tubing to move with the users shifting sleep positions
- Made from super comfortable memory foam
- Pillow cover easily zips off for gentle machine washing
- Cover with quilted material follows the pillow contours so your CPAP mask and shoulders easily glide over these areas as you move throughout the night, while your head is cushioned by soft velour
- 2 year limited warranty
- Dimensions 50cm wide x 31cm deep x 9.5cm high
* There maybe up to a 3-5 night break-in period. If you're not used to sleeping on a supportive surface, it could take a few nights for your body to adjust.
For use with all CPAP, BiPAP and APAP devices
CPAP: An acrynym for Continuous Positive airway pressure. This device is used by people with sleep apnea and it provides a constant positive airway pressure while they are asleep to keep their airway open.
“Best nights sleep I have had in a long time....worth every penny !" Michel, October 2011
“Really good for the side sleeper" Jonathan, September, 2010