Bad Backs Store
Just browsing? Click the product title links for detailed product information.
Ready to BUY NOW? Click BUY NOW! to go straight to the Shopping Cart checkout with your item. To easily purchase multiple items, click Add to Bag for each product then click the Shopping Cart (top of screen). You can update items any time.
BackTone™ 4000 Posture Trainer
Other products that may help
Shopping with Confidence!
We appreciate that you want to shop with confidence online. And so Bad Backs wishes to confirm the importance we place on your privacy, security, our returns policy and customer service support.
Should you choose to shop in-store, visit one of our stores in Melbourne, Sydney or Perth. Click here for our store locations.
"I have trialled the BackTone for four weeks, and found it very supportive. It has helped a back pain problem i have had since 1984. I always felt posture was a problem. Since using the BackTone and improving my posture i no longer have any pain. The BackTone is a constant reminder, therefore this makes the wearer more motivated to continue the program. All the best." Sue
"I've always wanted to try something like BackTone to help improve my posture but never really had the opportunity until now. For years I have suffered with neck and back ache and severe headaches and after four weeks of wearing BackTone just twice a day there has been a marked improvement. I now only suffer with occasional headaches which is great. I'm just thankful i was able to take part in the program. Thank you again for letting me try BackTone" Sincerely Mel
"I hadn't realised how many times a day I was slouching, and I know that it was adding to the physical problems I have with my lower back, knees and neck. Initially, I was bleeping away most of the time, but it didn't take long for my brain to think "new thoughts" about how I was standing or sitting. I'm very pleased to report a big improvement to you, which I wouldn't have thought possible before the training programme! Thank you once again - The BackTone really works." Best regards Carol
"I am so often teaching patients what to do to correct their posture at home and at work, but unless they have someone telling them what to do all the time they just don’t do it. That's where BackTone works!" Totalphysio Physiotherapist
"As a Chiropractor I always encourage good posture. The Backtone makes my role as a practitioner so much easier as the patient is able to help themselves. Despite the backtone's simplicity it's an amazing device that is very effective."
"I have been practicing for nearly eight years now and have come across many supportive braces to assist with posture and training.Recently I have treated a young 12 year old patient for shoulder and thoracic pain accompanied with Glenohumeral and scapula clicking. Upon assessment it was obvious his body was rapidly growing, however his muscles had no strength to support this. Within 2 months of wearing Backtone for 20 minutes a day, his posture had much improved and both his pain levels had reduced and ROM increased. I now regularly prescribe Backtone to many of my patients." Mulculoskeletal Therapy Beach Side Health
"I used your Backtone device with a middle aged administrative officer in a local government department - this client had developed wedging of a mid thoracic vertebra which had been attributed in part to his poor posture. This gentleman developed mid thoracic pain which worsened during the day, especially with prolonged periods at his seated computer work station. His workstation did not require significant adjustment- however his posture did- this chap had excellent results after using your device- he corrected his posture and his pain was significantly reduced after several weeks with the device. I found the device simple to fit, and simple to use, which is a big help with compliance. I would recommend the Backtone to any practitioner whose goal is to improve head, shoulder and spinal posture in their clients who have correctible postural deficits." Occupational Therapy North Coast Rehab
Helps eliminate and prevent slouching and bad posture.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN YOU ARE SLOUCHING? AND HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN YOU ARE NOT?
Designed by an Australian Occupational Therapist, the BackTone™ constantly senses your posture to alert you with a quiet beep when your posture is poor, and stops when your posture is good! This is not a posture support that holds you in place, but is rather a posture trainer...a way to get your body to stand and sit correctly on its own!
In addition to preventing and eliminating slouching, it helps correct protruding abdomen (especially important for women! ) and shoulder asymmetry which often are caused by carrying heavy backpacks or bags on ones shoulder.
Watch the BackTone instruction Video
- It's a fact that you look and feel so much better when you stand up straight.
- A Medically Approved and Patented Device, BackTone™ is a compact Training Device that helps you develop better posture by conscious effort and willpower.
- Without the Trainer, conscious effort and willpower alone is not enough. It's very hard to actively counteract your natural inclination to slouch and the damage your daily activities do to your posture. You can't always be aware of your posture every minute of the day.
- With no one to pester you with your favorite mantras 'Sit up straight' or 'Stop slouching', what you need is something that will diligently remind you gently every time you lapse back into slouching mode!
- Worn over your shoulders and around your waist like the straps of a backpack, BackTone™ gives off a short sound whenever you stoop or slouch or sit stand or walk with poor posture and stops once you correct your posture.
- Over time you will be amazed at just how much BackTone™ improves your posture, corrects asymmetry of your arms and transforms your appearance. Something as simple as better posture can help you feel great, look taller and slimmer and gain more poise, confidence, self esteem and self assurance.
- Puts less stress on your internal organs, helps improve your breathing and with your bones and joints in better alignment means fewer headaches and less fatigue.
- Helps prevent back, shoulder and neck and joint pain.
Where to use your BackTone
- At Work - You can use your BackTone to learn how to do specific work tasks with better posture. You should wear it at home initially – until you have noticed some changes. Then, trial it at work for about 5 minutes at a time – and continue with your home use. Gradually increase your work useage as you learn more.
- At Home - Wearing BackTone at home allows you to experiment with postures and movements freely. Avoid tasks that involve a lot of bending, twisting or reaching in the early stages – as it is harder to maintain good posture during those movements.
- For Sports - Many sportspeople use BackTone to enhance their technique and strength. However you need to follow a particular strategy. First wear your BackTone around the home. This will teach you not only what good posture FEELS like, but how to quickly and easily adopt good posture without having to think of a set of instructions. Then think about how to incorporate the newly learned posture into your sporting techniques and practise with the new posture. .....help retrain specific movements or components of a technique – such as a backswing or during the swing-through.
How to put on your BackTone correctly
When fitting your BackTone, remember that you want the waist belt right down low on your waist and to stay there. So don’t be tempted to put it on and start adjusting the shoulder straps first. You’ve got to get the waist belt in position before you do anything else.
So here’s what you do:
1. Before you put your BackTone on, shorten the Centre Back strap as short as possible. You can extend it if you need the extra length for your height.
2. Also before you put your BackTone on, loosen the shoulder straps by lifting the shoulder buckles and pulling the webbing underneath – on both shoulders.
3. Next, put your BackTone on – just like you would a back pack. Fasten the waist buckle, push the belt right down low on your waist and then tighten it by pulling the loose end. Not quite so tight that you can’t breathe – but quite firm so it stays in place as you move around.
4. NOW start adjusting the length of the shoulder straps for the posture you’re working on today. Just pull down on the ends to tighten them and lift up the buckles and pull the bottom strap down to loosen. You can test the beeping by curling down and straightening up again. You put one hand on the top of your Breastbone and one hand on your waist. Bring your hands closer together to make BackTone beep and take them apart to turn it off.
5. If you find your BackTone is not beeping consistently when you slouch, the centre back strap may be too long for you. You can easily shorten the Centre back strap by moving the slide buckle down.
If that’s the case, loosen the shoulder straps and take your BackTone off. Then shorten the Centre back strap by sliding the buckle down and re-fit it, following the previous steps.
You’ll find that Backtone has additional adjustment capacity in the shoulder straps, waist and centre back.
Once you’ve fitted your BackTone, simply go about your everyday tasks and forget about it. Then take it off after about 20 minutes so that you can practise incorporating the newly learned movements into other everyday activities.
Remember it takes at least 3 weeks to change a habit !!
Using your BackTone
- Use for 15-20 minutes up to three times per day
- BackTone is powered by small watch like batteries, which should not need replacing during the life of the product. Batteries are available for purchase if required
- Small - 50-85 cm - waist measurement
- Medium - 60-100 cm – waist measurement
- Large - up to 132 cm – waist measurement
Warranty - 1 year limited
REGISTERED AS MEDICAL DEVICE IN AUSTRALIA -
Australia Patent # 784764
USA Patent # 7,914,473
Worldwide patents pending