Bad Backs Store
Just browsing? Click the product title links for detailed product information.
Ready to BUY NOW? Click BUY NOW! to go straight to the Shopping Cart checkout with your item. To easily purchase multiple items, click Add to Bag for each product then click the Shopping Cart (top of screen). You can update items any time.
Herman Miller® Aeron® Chair - Titanium Base
Other products that may help
Shopping with Confidence!
We appreciate that you want to shop with confidence online. And so Bad Backs wishes to confirm the importance we place on your privacy, security, our returns policy and customer service support.
Custom colours & designs are available for the following:
Call our head office on Free Call 1800 615 666 to order your custom Herman Miller® Aeron® chair.
Smoke Frame - see PDF colour chart
Pellicle Colour - Choose from numerous options - see PDF colour chart
Design - choose from Classic, Tuxedo or Waves design - see PDF colour chart
Smoke Armrest Colour
Recently spotted in movies 'Wall Street 2' and 'Eat Pray Love'!
Bad Backs is only licensed to sell the Herman Miller Chair range in Vic, Tas & WA.
Launched by Herman Miller in 1994 the Aeron revolutionized the seating market, gaining immense popularity. Created by designers Bill Stumpf and Don Chadwick, the concept of the Aeron was a breakthrough in ergonomics, versatility, style and looks.
Stumpf and Chadwick deliberately designed the Aeron to be like no other office chair. They replaced foam and fabric with Pellicle®, a breathable, custom-fitting material and used science to achieve new levels of comfort and support. The innovative PostureFit® provides adjustable sacral support to promote optimal posture for people of all sizes doing all kinds of activities, all day long.
The Aeron design was perfected through a huge amount of consumer research and experts' opinions. Ergonomists, orthopedic specialists and physical therapists helped determine and refine the chair's size, fit and motion. Pressure mapping and thermal testing helped determine the weight distribution and heat and moisture dissipating qualities of the Pellicle fabric.
Available in three sizes, Aeron fits people of all statures, adapting and adjusting to them throughout the day. Its wide range of material and finish options makes it welcome in spaces from formal to contemporary. You won’t find anything else like it, anywhere.
The Aeron chair didn't end up in the Museum of Modern Art's permanent collection just because it looks cool. Although it does. Its looks are only the beginning. Aeron accommodates both the sitter and the environment. It adapts naturally to virtually every body, and it's 94% recyclable. Even if it's black, it's green.
The high, wide, contoured back takes the pressure off your lower spine. Armrests slope slightly down in the back for the most natural and comfortable support.
The "waterfall" front edge of the seat takes the pressure off your thighs, so your blood keeps circulating and you stay alert and focused.
The patented Kinemat tilt mechanism lets your neck, shoulders, hips, knees, and ankles pivot naturally.
The Aeron chair moves effortlessly with your whole body, as if your body were telling the chair what to do.
- Distinctive looks, pioneering ergonomics
- Breathable, form-fitting, Pellicle® suspension for unmatched thermal comfort.
- PostureFit® innovation provides superior back support, the only adjustable sacral support available
- Titanium base
- Choose with or without adjustable arms (smoke)
- Waterfall edge seat to remove pressure under the thighs
- The only office chair most people can identify by name.
- 94 percent recyclable and manufactured using 64 percent recycled content
- GREENGUARD® certified
- 12-year, 3-shift warranty
Colours and Availability
Custom colours & designs are available:
- Titanium Base
- Smoke Frame - see PDF colour chart
- Pellicle Colour - Choose from numerous options - see PDF colour chart
- Design - choose from Classic, Tuxedo or Waves design - see PDF colour chart
- Smoke ArmRest Colour - see PDF colour chart
Please note custom colours and designs are subject to approx 10-12 week delivery time. Call us at 1800-615-666 to confirm prices and delivery times.
Adjusting the Aeron chair
Active adjustments give people control over their own comfort and support.
- Seat height – A two-stage pneumatic lift adjusts the seat height from 37-50cm (14 3/8 to 19 1/2" on the A-size chair and from 38-53cm (15 to 20 7/8") on B and C size chairs.
- Tilt tension – This adjustment lets you control the resistance felt when you lean back.
- Armrest height and angle – Each armrest adjusts independently in a 4-inch range. Armrests pivot 17 1/2 degrees inward for keyboarding and 15 degrees outward for mousing.
- Lumbar support – The lumbar pad adjusts vertically through a 11cm (4 1/2") range. Its depth can be set at either 2cm (3/4") or 4.5cm (1 3/4"). The lumbar pad is also available on the side chair.
- PostureFit – A half turn of a knob moves PostureFit through the full range of its adjustability to provide the desired level of support.
- Forward tilt – This adjustment positions the chair 5 degrees forward for intensive work postures.
- Tilt limiter – The limiter lets you control the tilt range without being locked in a single position.
Green was built into the Aeron chair from the beginning of the design stage. Over half of each chair is recycled materials, and almost the entire chair-94%-is recyclable. Certified to MBDC Cradle to Cradle Silver, Aeron is GREENGUARD certified and can contribute to LEED certification.
Recyclability 66% recycled content and is 94% recyclable
Pioneering PostureFit Innovation
A modest, but fundamental, design addition, PostureFit is part of what makes Aeron so comfortable to sit in, even for hours and hours on end. PostureFit supports the way your pelvis tilts naturally forward, so that your spine stays aligned and you avoid back pain
Aeron’s Kinemat® tilt allows the body to pivot naturally and simultaneously at the ankles, knees, and hips for smooth, proper support in any seated position. Because continuing research has shown that many people are sitting upright and forward, Aeron offers the PostureFit®. It provides custom-fitted support at the lower back that promotes proper alignment of the spine for a healthful, comfortable posture.
Aeron is the only chair with Pellicle® suspension, a unique material that conforms to the body and distributes weight evenly over the seat and back for truly customized support. Air circulates through the Pellicle, keeping the sitter comfortable by preventing body heat build-up. Each of the available Pellicle patterns delivers the same unique level of custom fitted support and breathability.
Aeron chairs come in three sizes. The B size is the best fit for most people. The A size fits those who are smaller and lighter; the C size fits taller and heavier people. Please refer to the PDF sizing chart to find the most appropriate size for you
- Size A:
Chair Width 66cm
Seat Width 48cm
Seat Depth 40cm
Seat Height 36-50cm
Chair Height Max 104cm
- Size B:
Chair Width 69cm
Seat Width 51cm
Seat Depth 43cm
Seat Height 38-53cm
Chair Height Max 107cm
- Size C:
Chair Width 72cm
Seat Width 55cm
Seat Depth 47cm
Seat Height 38-53cm
Chair Height Max 114cm
All Widths include arm. All sizes are approximate
12-year, 3-shift warranty
Like all Herman Miller products, the Aeron chair is durable for long-term performance and value. As a statement of our confidence in its quality, the Aeron chair is covered by the Herman Miller Warranty—a straightforward promise that we stand behind that quality 100 percent. The 12-year, 3-shift warranty covers all standard elements and includes labour on all warranty work.