Bad Backs Store
Just browsing? Click the product title links for detailed product information.
Ready to BUY NOW? Click BUY NOW! to go straight to the Shopping Cart checkout with your item. To easily purchase multiple items, click Add to Bag for each product then click the Shopping Cart (top of screen). You can update items any time.
PosturePals™ Thoracic/Posture Support
Other products that may help
Shopping with Confidence!
We appreciate that you want to shop with confidence online. And so Bad Backs wishes to confirm the importance we place on your privacy, security, our returns policy and customer service support.
"I had been suffering with thoracic back pain and horrible back spasms when I was introduced to PosturePals. Although it hasn’t completely cured my pain, I no longer have to walk around holding my back and in fear of when the next spasm is going to hit. The support has been fantastic. Thank you Ryan." Lee - Gold Coast
Stooping, Slouching, Round Shoulders?
PosturePals™ are adhesive spinal supports designed by a Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist to help you manage and improve your spinal alignment or posture.
The Thoracic device aims to reduce bending of the upper back and the round shoulders, poked chin and forward head posture that can result. Such a posture may impact on headaches, neck pain and back pain.
Not only are they useful for general posture, but they have been used by TV presenters and athletes in activities such as ballroom dancing, shooting, rowing, equestrian, business presentations or any activity where a strong, confident posture is required. PosturePals allow you to move through full range of motion, but provide strong assistance to often weak and fatigued muscles.
PosturePals Thoracic assist in both sitting and standing and provide encouragement and assistance to help you maintain or return to an upright posture.
PosturePals Thoracic/Posture Support Instructions
- PosturePals are comfortable to wear and do not dig in or rub under your arms like many braces.
- PosturePals do not get wet, and will not wet your clothes after showering. They do not smell like tape tends to do after a couple of days.
- PosturePals are better able to correct your posture position as they adhere directly to your skin. They don’t rely on being tightened (until you can’t breathe) to stay in place.
- PosturePals retrain your posture by encouraging you to correct your position. You cannot hang off them like other braces (which may actually reinforce bad patterns).
- PosturePals can be easily hidden under your clothes.
- Simple to apply and use.
- Highly elastic fabric allows movement but provides firm corrective force.
- Patterned, hypoallergenic adhesive and breathable fabric result in improved skin tolerance and extended wear times.
- Water resistant for improved durability.
- Small and large sizes.
- 5 per pack
- Permits movement to reduce fatigue, improve compliance and to retrain postural skills through repetitive correction.
- Quick to apply.
- It's low (flat) profile acts like a second skin, thus reducing the likelihood of peeling or lifting by the tape
- Ideal for home and clinic use.
- Rubber and latex free.
The Thoracic device comes in the original large and a new small size.
The PosturePals Thoracic small device measures 30cm across at the shoulders and 25cm high. This is compared to 36cm wide and 30cm high for the PosturePals Thoracic original.
Please allow an additional centimetre or two in width across your shoulders to accommodate the stretch that is applied to the PosturePals support during application.
1. Do not use if you have frail skin or a known sensitivity to sticking plasters or strapping tape.
2. PosturePals can generally remain in place for 4 to 5 days. If you feel any burning, itching or irritation of the skin remove the device immediately and seek medical attention if necessary. Some people can have a nasty reaction to adhesives resulting in severe blisters.
3. If you have spinal stenosis, moderate to severe scoliosis or are unsure if this device is appropriate for you, please consult with your healthcare practitioner before use.
Due to health restrictions, unless faulty or damaged, this item is non returnable if it has been in contact with your skin. Please try on over clothing if unsure about the sizing.