Bad Backs Store
- Christmas Gift Ideas
- NEW Products 2013!
- Made In Australia
- Braces, Belts & Supports
- Exercise & Inversion Tables
- Foot Care
- Home Health Care
- Hospitality Furniture
- Hot & Cold Packs
- Kids Furniture
- Lumbar Back Supports & Pillows
- Magnetic Therapy
- Office Equipment
- Office Furniture - Chairs
- Office Furniture - Desks
- Pain Relief Gels & Creams
- Workplace Chairs
- Zero Gravity® Recliners
- Shop By Brand
- CLEARANCE SALE
- About Us
- Back Talk Forum
- Contact Us
- Download Catalogue
- Free Chair Trials
- Health News & Articles
- Help & FAQ's
- More Information
- Youtube Channel
Just browsing? Click the product title links for detailed product information.
Ready to BUY NOW? Click BUY NOW! to go straight to the Shopping Cart checkout with your item. To easily purchase multiple items, click Add to Bag for each product then click the Shopping Cart (top of screen). You can update items any time.
Z-Rest™ Ergonomic Footrest
Other products that may help
Shopping with Confidence!
We appreciate that you want to shop with confidence online. And so Bad Backs wishes to confirm the importance we place on your privacy, security, our returns policy and customer service support.
Should you choose to shop in-store, visit one of our stores in Melbourne, Sydney or Perth.
Click here for our store locations.
TIPS from the Experts (UCLA Ergonomics)
What should you look for?
You need a footrest if your feet are not resting on the floor. If you always have your feet on the casters of the chair, or sit to the middle of the chair to get your feet on the floor, you will probably benefit from a footrest.
- A footrest that is adjustable in height is helpful so that you can reposition the chair height if needed.
- A tilting footrest is optional - use one if it feels good and for sitting in reclined positions.
- The top of the rest should have a tread that will keep your feet from sliding off.
- Make sure that you get one for the height that you need - one that is too high will position the hips and the spine at an undesirable angle.
How do you use it properly?
Keep it centred under the desk, and rest the feet on it while the back is supported by the back of the chair. Sometimes if the footrest is too high, it will work better if it is pushed further under the desk. Play with the distance to find the most comfortable position for you.
Easy to adjust in height, the Z-rest eronomic footrest ensures that office personnel sit comfortably all day every day. Recommended by occupational therapists and ergonomic experts nationwide.
- Promotes good blood circulation, minimise joint and ligament damage and alleviate back strain.
- Designed and manufactured in Australia
- New sturdy aluminium construction
- Highly durable anodised finish
- Sleek modern styling
- Marine grade carpet
- 6 degree increments of height and angle adjustment
- 28 combinations of adjustment
- Height from floor 50mm - 230mm (standard model)
- Easy adjustment without leaving your seat
- Dimensions: width 465mm x depth 325mm
The Z-Rest in action
How Does the Z-Rest Help You ?
Z-Rest™, when used with an ergonomic adjustable chair, will provide the two adjustable surfaces required to create an ergonomically workstation.
Z-Rest™ greatest advantage is that it is easy to operate, allowing the user to make adjustments in seconds whilst seated. This is a really important feature, because users will not make any alteration if they are too complex to adjust !
- Place your Z-Rest™ with the top join facing towards you. The open end should face away from you. This will give you the support.
- Raise back of top platform to desired angle.
- Raise front of top platform to desired height.