Bad Backs Store
Just browsing? Click the product title links for detailed product information.
Ready to BUY NOW? Click BUY NOW! to go straight to the Shopping Cart checkout with your item. To easily purchase multiple items, click Add to Bag for each product then click the Shopping Cart (top of screen). You can update items any time.
QDOS Zero Gravity® 200 Recliner
Other products that may help
Shopping with Confidence!
We appreciate that you want to shop with confidence online. And so Bad Backs wishes to confirm the importance we place on your privacy, security, our returns policy and customer service support.
Should you choose to shop in-store, visit one of our stores in Melbourne, Sydney or Perth. Click here for our store locations.
Orthopaedic surgeons universally agree that the 'zero gravity® stress free position' reduces pressure on the spine, relieving muscle tension and increasing circulation.
What is Zero-Gravity ?
The Zero-Gravity technology is credited to the scientists and doctors at NASA and was utilized in the space program to reduce the amount of compressional forces exerted on the spine by the extreme speed at which the astronauts blast into space. During take-off, astronauts recline with their feet higher than their hearts with a torso-to-leg angle of 128 degrees +/- 7 degrees, the "Zero-Gravity" position (also referred to as the body’s “neutral” position and the “90/90” position).
The reason Zero Gravity is a preferred posture for astronauts is any slight amount of disc compression will be exemplified by the speed and force of take off. Normal sitting postures can load 150 pounds of compression into the lower back, while standing can load 100 pounds of compression, and lying in a horizontal position can load 25 pounds of compression. Even a minor back or spinal disc problem can be exacerbated with 25 pounds of compression.
A Zero-Gravity Recliner can reduce or eliminate the pressure that will cause spinal disc compression while sitting. This chair positions a person into a no-compression or Zero-Gravity posture by assuming the ideal angles of the torso to the leg the same way NASA positions the astronauts.
Zero Gravity is a registered trademark of Healthezone Pty Ltd t/as Bad Backs # 1050862
Check out our brand new micro site www.zerogravitychair.com.au for more information on zero gravity sitting, its history and much more !
EX DEMOS ON SALE IN ALEXANDRIA, CROWS NEST AND HAWTHORN ONLY
Introducing the luxurious Zero Gravity® Recliner that perfectly positions your body with 'zero' stress on the muscles, ligaments and joints. If you've never tried a Zero Gravity® and anti-gravity chair, you'll be amazed by the difference compared to a normal recliner.
The zero gravity® position means that your legs are above your heart, which is the position that doctors recommend as the healthiest way to sit.
The Zero gravity® concept was developed by NASA researchers looking for a way to reduce bodily stress suffered by astronauts during shuttle mission takeoffs.
When sitting, a person normally has about 150% of their total body weight of pressure on their lower back, but when reclined in a Zero Gravity® Recliner, there is 0% of body weight of pressure on the lower back. Hence the pressure is reduced to zero. When there is less pressure there is generally less pain since the body will be in a better position to heal itself.
- Available in both regular leather and the new LUXURY premium grade leather models
- Articulating adjustable head rest for watching TV or reading
- Retracting footrest for conventional sitting
- Chair's pivot point allows easy movement from full upright to full recline effortlessly for ease in sitting and getting out
- Balance design and simple braking system makes the chair movement secure and controllable
- Internal bendable springs provide durable dynamic support for relaxation year after year
- WonderFoam (visco elastic) cervical neck pillow offers comfort and support with weighted back strap to fit individual comfort requirements
- Moulded timber and leather base
- Upholstered with cushioned batting to create a soft 'pillow' touch
- Weight limitation 127 kg
- 2-year limited warranty - chair is covered under warranty for normal day use. It is not covered for 24-7 sitting or even 24 hour use
- Zero Gravity® is a registered trademark of Healthezone Pty Ltd # 1050862
- Overall: Height: 123cm Width: 73.5cm
- Seat Back: Height: 91.5cm Width: 54.5cm
- Seat: Width: 56cm Depth: 45.5cm Height: 45.5cm
- Legrest: Length: 43cm Width: 40.5cm
- Arms: Width: 7.5cm Height (from floor): 63cm
- Max Depth: (when flat) 165cms
- All dimensions are approximate
"I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your exceptional customer service and follow up.
After suffering a nasty accident where I fractured several vertebrae and a lot of spinal surgery, my Occupational Therapist suggested that I visit Bad Backs Perth store to tryout the Zero Gravity Recliner. I could not believe the instant relief when I first tested the recliner in your store. I didn’t want to leave.
Previously, the only relief that I could get was from lying in my bed for long periods. But with two young boys, I felt very isolated from my family. The Zero Gravity Recliner has changed that and I am now able to rest my back and be with my family. I would recommend the Zero Gravity Recliner to anyone suffering back pain..." T Taylor, WA
"Resting or napping in a zero gravity recliner is where I'll find the team when needing a short time out during their very busy day." Felicity Wood - Director - Bad Backs, Melbourne
These items are non-returnable unless faulty or damaged.