Bad Backs Store
- Christmas Gift Ideas
- NEW Products 2013!
- Made In Australia
- Braces, Belts & Supports
- Exercise & Inversion Tables
- Foot Care
- Home Health Care
- Hospitality Furniture
- Hot & Cold Packs
- Kids Furniture
- Lumbar Back Supports & Pillows
- Magnetic Therapy
- Office Equipment
- Office Furniture - Chairs
- Office Furniture - Desks
- Pain Relief Gels & Creams
- Workplace Chairs
- Zero Gravity® Recliners
- Shop By Brand
- CLEARANCE SALE
- About Us
- Back Talk Forum
- Contact Us
- Download Catalogue
- Free Chair Trials
- Health News & Articles
- Help & FAQ's
- More Information
- Youtube Channel
Just browsing? Click the product title links for detailed product information.
Ready to BUY NOW? Click BUY NOW! to go straight to the Shopping Cart checkout with your item. To easily purchase multiple items, click Add to Bag for each product then click the Shopping Cart (top of screen). You can update items any time.
Jobri Deluxe Adjustable Foot Stool
Other products that may help
Shopping with Confidence!
We appreciate that you want to shop with confidence online. And so Bad Backs wishes to confirm the importance we place on your privacy, security, our returns policy and customer service support.
Should you choose to shop in-store, visit one of our stores in Melbourne, Sydney or Perth. Click here for our store locations.
TIPS from the Experts (UCLA Ergonomics)
What should you look for?
You need a footrest if your feet are not resting on the floor. If you always have your feet on the casters of the chair, or sit to the middle of the chair to get your feet on the floor, you will probably benefit from a footrest.
- A footrest that is adjustable in height is helpful so that you can reposition the chair height if needed.
- A tilting footrest is optional - use one if it feels good and for sitting in reclined positions.
- The top of the rest should have a tread that will keep your feet from sliding off.
- Make sure that you get one for the height that you need - one that is too high will position the hips and the spine at an undesirable angle.
How do you use it properly?
Keep it centred under the desk, and rest the feet on it while the back is supported by the back of the chair. Sometimes if the footrest is too high, it will work better if it is pushed further under the desk. Play with the distance to find the most comfortable position for you.
Bad Backs is an exclusive distributor for Jobri in Australia.
Jobri's Deluxe Foot Rest reminds you to sit all the way back in your chair, allowing the chair back to take some of the stress and strain off your back.
Back pain can result from a lack of leg support as the weight of "dangling legs" pulls the pelvis forward and down. This exaggerates the natural "lordosis" (lumbar curve) of the spine to a degree that forces the supporting muscle groups to work harder just to keep the body stable on the chair.
Without a footrest, unsupported legs can suffer from nerve compression, which sometimes can affect the popliteal area (backs of the knees).
Proper leg and knee positions are especially important for anyone suffering from arthritis, varicose veins, phlebitis, gout or an aching back.
Available in two heights, approx 10cm (CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK) or 17cm (height of board when horizontal)
- Helps tip the pelvis backward, reducing strain on the back
- Angle adjustable, forward or back, for all day sitting comfort
- Tubular metal frame, and rubberized non skid
- Width - 48cm
- Depth - 30cm
- Height (When horizontal) - 10cm or 17cm