Bad Backs Store
- Christmas Gift Ideas
- NEW Products 2013!
- Made In Australia
- Braces, Belts & Supports
- Exercise & Inversion Tables
- Foot Care
- Home Health Care
- Hospitality Furniture
- Hot & Cold Packs
- Kids Furniture
- Lumbar Back Supports & Pillows
- Magnetic Therapy
- Office Equipment
- Office Furniture - Chairs
- Office Furniture - Desks
- Pain Relief Gels & Creams
- Workplace Chairs
- Zero Gravity® Recliners
- Shop By Brand
- CLEARANCE SALE
- About Us
- Back Talk Forum
- Contact Us
- Download Catalogue
- Free Chair Trials
- Health News & Articles
- Help & FAQ's
- More Information
- Youtube Channel
Just browsing? Click the product title links for detailed product information.
Ready to BUY NOW? Click BUY NOW! to go straight to the Shopping Cart checkout with your item. To easily purchase multiple items, click Add to Bag for each product then click the Shopping Cart (top of screen). You can update items any time.
KP Back Companion
Other products that may help
Message from the Experts (UCLA Ergonomics)
What should you look for?
A good backrest can make even the most uncomfortable chair a whole lot more tolerable.
Look for the following features:
- It should fill in the curves of your back and feel comfortable to sit against.
- The support should stay put - ones that have straps that attach to the chair generally work better.
- It should not be so large that it pushes you out towards the middle of the chair and your legs no longer get support.
- Inflatable rests often work well, since you can adjust the desired support.
- If you sit forward in the chair, a seat wedge can be used to help position the pelvis properly.
How do you use it properly?
Position the back support to fill in the curves of your back and lean back against it. It should feel comfortable, not like it is making you over arch your back. Use it on any chair that does not feel like it is supplying adequate back support.
Why use a back support?
Over 80% of adults suffer from back pain at some time during their lives. Injury and aches and pains may occur from acute trauma such as a bad fall, sports injury or car accident. And often back pain maybe the result of months or years of accumulated stress, work conditions, lack of fitness and flexibility.
To help alleviate the symptoms of back problems it is essential that professional advice and treatment is sought together with the maintenance of good posture in all the activities of our daily lives.
The KP Back Companion is indeed a good friend to a bad back providing excellent postural support, especially in the lumbar area. It's mesh fabric provides breathability in hot weather, and takes the shock out of rugged driving conditions.
Recommended by Orthopaedic Surgeons, Physiotherapists, Chiropractors & Osteopaths.
- Naturally supports the contours of your back
- Elastic securing strap
- Lightweight, durable and easy to carry at only 700gm
- Rigid metal frame
- Aerated for use in all climates
- Quality reinforced mesh fabric
- Fits most vehicle seats and office / home chairs
- 2 year warranty
- 47 x 50 x 11cm
Due to health restrictions, unless faulty or damaged, this item is non returnable if it has been in contact with your skin.