The Evoluent™ Vertical Mouse™ has a patented new design and shape that helps support your hand in a relaxed handshake position, and eliminates the arm twisting required by ordinary mice. In technical terms it eliminates the wrist posture of dorsiflexion with forearm pronation that occurs with a standard mouse.
The main action buttons and scroll wheel are on the right hand side and the thumb naturally opposes the finger movements, which makes the mouse steady when the buttons are pressed. It's really stable to use as the fingers and thumb balance each other on each side of the mouse.
The buttons and scroll wheel perform basic functions when the mouse is connected. Software is provided to enable the 5 buttons to be programmed, allowing the mouse to perform a variety of functions.
The grip of the Evoluent is basically the same as a standard mouse, except that it is turned on its side, which makes it really simple to use and does not involve any complex or time consuming training.
Designed with high technology optical tracking, the sensor accurately monitors the movement of the mouse.
Available in Version 4 wired right and left hand (reg size) & small size for right hand
- The thumb rest has been reshaped to provide even more comfort over earlier versions
- New pointer speed controls on the side allow convenient adjustment without even releasing your grip from the mouse
- A new bottom thumb button provides greatly extended functionality when used with the included driver
Available in Version 4 wireless right hand only in regular and small size
- Ideal for larger hands
- Resolution: 1200 dpi (true hardware resolution) which helps reduce hand movements
- Top mounted LEDs show through the chrome thumb rest to indicate selected pointer speed including extra low (XL), low (LO), MD (medium), to high (HI).
- Length: 11.7 cm Width: 7.6 cm Height: 7.6 cm
- Wired Version - USB cable length 2m
- Wireless Version - The tiny 2.4 GHz receiver avoids being knocked off the side of a notebook computer
- Right hand or left hand: USB or Right hand wirless Version 3
- One year warranty
- Colour: Black and Silver combination colour
When you plug the mouse in, it will automatically be recognised by your computer and set up for basic funtionality as follows:
- Top Buttom - left click
- Wheel Button - middle click (pan and rotate in CAD programmes)
- Middle Button - right click
- Bottom Button - back
- Thumb Button - forward
Our sales director loves the back and forward buttons on this mouse.. it's a real time and effort saver...have a go yourself.
Should you have any detailed technical questions you can check out the Evoluent website in the USA for more information and support. www.evoluent.com/support.
- 1 AA battery. Good for 3-5 months of average use.
- Includes driver for Windows XP, Vista and Win 7 in 32/64 bit for programming all 6 buttons. The driver is not required. The VerticalMouse 4 still has basic functionality without it.
- Freeware driver for other Windows versions at www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm (Evoluent has no business relationship with this vendor.)
- USB only; not compatible with PS2 adapters. May be compatible with some USB KVM switches but it is not guaranteed.
- Includes driver for programming 6 buttons. The driver is not required. VerticalMouse 4 still has basic functionality if the driver is not installed.
- Basic functionality without a driver.
- Compatibility unknown.
Approx 7.6cm wide x 11/7cm long x 7.6cm high
This product is non returnable unless deemed faulty or damaged.
Shopping with Confidence!
We appreciate that you want to shop with confidence online. And so Bad Backs wishes to confirm the importance we place on your privacy, security, our returns policy and customer service support.
Should you choose to shop in-store, visit one of our stores in Melbourne, Sydney or Perth.
Click here for our store locations.
The Evoluent Story
In 1994, a revolutionary ergonomic mouse was invented and patented by Jack Lo due to discomfort he had when using a conventional mouse. His invention was the first mouse to support a hand in a fully upright handshake position for eliminating the arm twisting required by ordinary mice.