Why Join Bad Backs
As a frustrated chronic back pain sufferer, Bad Backs' Founder Felicity Wood identified a gap in the market for products and resources for back pain sufferers, and started the Bad Backs online store in 2001. The website today offers 500+ products and is supported by a Discussion Forum, medical research and relevant health information from multi-disciplinary healthcare professionals.
ONLINE we are HONcode Accredited since 2002 and a Google Trusted Store. IN-STORE Bad Backs is a registered product supplier to most of the Private Health Funds.
When 80% of us experience back pain at some point in our lives (ABS), and with changing demographics, and Australia's population moving into a more sedimentary lifestyle, the need for back care and related products continues to grow exponentially.
Why a licensee rather than a franchisee?
Much greater flexibility in the way business is operated
Less commitment to numerous obligations & KPI's
The benefits of becoming a Bad Backs Retail Store owner
In addition to building a lucrative business, you can be part of a national brand and market leader, with a number of unique and exclusive products, driven by a passionate, experienced and dedicated team, who are interested in helping others with back pain and related conditions. And the success for our Licensees is anchored by our business values, training, unique product range and Licensor support.
The Bad Backs Management team's experience includes:
Proven etailing expertise (to drive retail traffic to your store) - you certainly won't open your doors from a ‘standing start', but will ‘hit the ground running', and our international resources for manufacturing and sourcing the latest innovative range of products.
What do we look for in a Bad Backs Retail Store Owner
Currently Bad Backs has retail stores in Melbourne, Perth and Sydney. And we welcome discussions from interested parties in the ACT, Adelaide, Brisbane, Gold Coast & Hobart.
- Experience in the health industry, or interest in therapeutic healthcare
- People management & good listening skills
- A passionate and positive outlook to building a business.
- ALSO would suit an individual, couple, ex corporate executives or health professionals.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, mature manner
- Ability to assemble furniture and undertake minimal repairs
- A professional and caring approach to support our mission of ‘helping empower people with back pain to find simple solutions’.